The Development Director is responsible for the growth of a professional and diversified development program, including enhancing visibility and increasing revenue through creative and effective fundraising, donor stewardship, grants, endowments, and special events to reach the annual revenue budget.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Clear understanding of 501(c)(3) non-profit legal issues and structures.
- Strong discretion and respect for confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Excel and/or data/budgeting applications and programs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in organizing within the Muslim community.
- Proficiency in one of these languages is a plus: Arabic, Bengali, and/or Urdu.
- Develop and manage relationships with donors.
- Research potential new donors and conduct outreach to them.
- Manage donor relationships to ensure timely payments and track expenses.
- Plan and organize fundraisers at mosques around the year.
- Manage the fundraising schedule for the organization.
- Develop and initiate ideas for soliciting funds.
- Create and develop budget for the organization.
- Prepare donor appeals and marketing material and communications.
- Research and write grant applications to local and national foundations.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time.
Founded in February 1989, Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York was established to provide a uniform voice on matters that concern the Muslim community. As an umbrella of over 90 mosques and organizations, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York serves as the official representative of its members with the media, organizations, advocacy groups, political candidates, and government institutions. Additionally, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York advises and consults with its members on various key issues such as: maintaining consistent political and social justice platforms built on Islamic values, and the physical, social, and spiritual development of local communities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.