Majlis Ash-Shura of New York is looking for a full-time Executive Assistant to assist the Executive Director in the day-to-day tasks and projects related to the services that the Majlis provides to the Muslims community.
- Minimum of 1 year of employment as Executive/Administrative Assistant in a corporation or non-profit organization.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Strong discretion and respect for confidentiality and ethics.
- Exceptional multitasking and time-management skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Computer and tech-savvy and knowledgeable in social media.
- Experienced in documentation and notes taking.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in organizing within the Muslim community.
- Maintains executive team and Executive Director’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
- Represents the Executive Director and Majlis by attending meetings in the ED’s absence; speaking for the ED and the leadership of the Majlis.
- Coordinates and screens executive communications, including taking calls, responding to emails, and interacting with the press.
- Supports development of Executive Director’s reports and presentations.
- Participates, coordinates, and executes plans, activities, and committees or task forces.
- Prepares financial statements, reports, memos, invoices letters, newsletters, and other documents.
- Some travel may be required
- Other responsibilities as determined by the Executive Director.
Founded in February 1989, Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York was established to provide a uniform voice on matters that concern the Muslim community. As an umbrella of over 90 mosques and organizations, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York serves as the official representative of its members with the media, organizations, advocacy groups, political candidates, and government institutions. Additionally, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York advises and consults with its members on various key issues such as: maintaining consistent political and social justice platforms built on Islamic values, and the physical, social, and spiritual development of local communities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.