The Outreach Manager is responsible for the planning, development, and implementation of all of the organization’s marketing, communications, and public relations activities.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Strong discretion and respect for confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in organizing within the Muslim community for at least 3+ years.
- Proficiency in one of these languages is a plus: Arabic, Bengali, and/or Urdu.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance brand identity and visibility.
- Develop and manage relationships with community leaders and our organization’s members.
- Develop and implement public relations strategies including media outreach, issuing press releases, fielding media inquiries, and creating and maintaining media lists.
- Serve as primary media contact.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and report to the Executive Director.
- Communicate and advocate Muslim community priorities to city, state, and federal elected officials and staff.
- Send periodic executive summaries to Muslim stakeholders to keep them up-to-date with bills, opportunities, and issues within the government that have impact on the Muslim community.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Founded in February 1989, Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York was established to provide a uniform voice on matters that concern the Muslim community. As an umbrella of over 90 mosques and organizations, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York serves as the official representative of its members with the media, organizations, advocacy groups, political candidates, and government institutions. Additionally, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York advises and consults with its members on various key issues such as: maintaining consistent political and social justice platforms built on Islamic values, and the physical, social, and spiritual development of local communities.