The Project Coordinator is responsible for facilitating projects in collaboration with clients. The role will ensure on time completion of all project task assignments while continuously identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Minimum of 1 year of employment as project coordinator or related fields.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Knowledge in file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Strong discretion and respect for confidentiality and ethics.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Strong proficiency in the use of Excel, Google Drive, and/or data/budgeting applications and programs.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in organizing within the Muslim community.
- Knowledgeable of the Islamic rulings on food.
- Proficiency in one of these languages is a plus: Arabic, Bengali, and/or Urdu.
- Maintaining and monitoring project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures.
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Developing a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Managing the relationship with the clients and vendors.
- Assessing project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Creating a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Organizing, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
Job Type: Part-time.
Founded in February 1989, Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York was established to provide a uniform voice on matters that concern the Muslim community. As an umbrella of over 90 mosques and organizations, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York serves as the official representative of its members with the media, organizations, advocacy groups, political candidates, and government institutions. Additionally, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York advises and consults with its members on various key issues such as: maintaining consistent political and social justice platforms built on Islamic values, and the physical, social, and spiritual development of local communities.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.