Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York will be celebrating it’s 31st Anniversary Banquet with its second annual award ceremony to celebrate impressive Muslim New Yorkers who have dedicated time to serving their community. Help us in recognizing our committed leaders by nominating individuals who deserve appreciation for their extraordinary work. Awards include Muslim New Yorker of the Year, Muslimah New Yorker of the Year, and Young New Yorker. We will celebrate their achievements during the banquet on Saturday, February 22nd.
Nominations for all awards must be submitted by Friday Friday, February 1st. Finalists will be selected, and voting will be open from February 7-14 . Awardees will be announced on the day of the banquet.
To be eligible to receive an award, nominees must fulfill the following criteria:
- Must be Muslim
- Nominees for Muslim/ah New Yorker of the Year must be age 25+
- Nominees for Young New Yorker of the Year must be from ages 16-24
- Must be residents of New York
- Must be able to attend the banquet
- Must have had significant achievement in the year of 2019, unless the achievement was of significant national importance or a long term initiative that still benefits the communities to this day.
- Examples of outstanding achievements include exemplary instances of activism, organizing, movement building, charity work, Islamic studies, education, medicine, and exceptional business practice.