We are looking for an Executive Director candidate who will be responsible for leading the Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York to help empower the New York Muslim community.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to identify, create, and implement strategic plans to actualize organization’s mission.
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead a talented team of employees who can lead various departments.
- Develop partnerships and relationships with community leaders, organization’s members, and other nonprofit organizations that align with Majlis Ash-Shura mission to empower the New York Muslim community.
- Serve as the primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
- Engage in fundraising and developing other revenues.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance brand identity and visibility.
- Develop and implement public relations strategies including media outreach, issuing press releases, fielding media inquiries, and creating and maintaining media lists.
- Communicate and advocate Muslim community priorities to city, state, and federal elected officials and staff.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in organizing within the Muslim community for at least 5 years.
- 3+ years of non-profit management experience in an operational environment.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors.
- Experienced in strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic vision to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- A bachelor’s degree in relevant subjects.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Proficiency in at least one of these languages is a plus: Arabic, Bengali, and/or Urdu.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salaried Position based on relevant experience. To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Founded in February 1989, Majlis Ash-Shura: Islamic Leadership Council of New York was established to provide a uniform voice on matters that concern the Muslim community. As an umbrella of over 90 mosques and organizations, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York serves as the official representative of its members with the media, organizations, advocacy groups, political candidates, and government institutions. Additionally, Majlis Ash-Shura of New York advises and consults with its members on various key issues such as: maintaining consistent political and social justice platforms built on Islamic values, and the physical, social, and spiritual development of local communities.